Thursday, June 30, 2005

Bloggin from Tennessee

Hy yall...here we are in the Rocky Top state of Tennessee. We got here Tuesday evening after a frightening trip on the interstate. Things were fine leaving Alabama, but going through Chattanooga was just horrific. Lots of construction and lots of wrecks - it was pretty hairy a few times and yes I did say some bad words. Our timing was impeccable though (good thing we did sit on the interstate for an eternity) because by the time I started getting close to Knoxville, I called hubby on his cell phone and it turned out he had just left work and was like 2 minutes in front of us on the same piece of interstate! We met up at the next exit and I begged him to sell his car and drive the rest of the way. No luck though. I had to get us to the hotel (following him of course). But, we are here. We made it alive.

Yesturday daugher and I decided to hit the local mall. We were there all day. We shopped for school clothes and me a small work wardrobe. It will take me weeks of working to pay off my Mastercard *sigh*. We had a lot of fun though and daughter was excited they had a Godiva Chocolate place here because she always has to get one of those $6.00 chocolate covered strawberries. I hate that she has expensive taste. Everytime someone would walk by with a designer thing that she recognized, she would tap my arm and tell me about the product. Example: "Wow Mom, that girl has a Louis Vuitton handbag!", "Oh wow...she has one too!". I mean....we are in Tennessee not L.A.,...what are these teenagers doing walking around with Louis Vuitton handbags for gosh sakes? During our shopping extravaganza, youngest son called to tell me he had dropped a 5 gallon bucket of paint on his foot and not to worry because it had just started swelling. Oh...thanks! Something to worry about. I called back 10 minutes later and he got short with me and told me not to worry about it. Okay, first off, if you don't want me to worry about it, why did you call me in the first place? Grrrr!!!!! He is almost 19 years old and he is still pulling the pay attention to me/I am mad at you for paying attention to me crap. KIDS!

Last night we went to dinner here and it was delish! I had never been to one before, but it was better than I expected. The dessert was divine! After that we walked around downtown Knoxville although my feet were killing me (I think flip flops are killing my feet).

I am not sure what we have planned today, as daughter is still sleeping and I think the breakfast buffet is over. Looks like we are going to have to get ourselves together and go find something to eat and plan from there.

Maybe I will have time to write again.

No comments: