Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Quirky!

Five Quirky things about me: (snagged from Lasadah).

1. I am incrediably clumsy. Yesturday I walked down our hill to get the newspaper which was pratically hanging out of the gutter, and tripped on the asphalt where it meets the gutter, twisted my ankle, tried to catch myself with my hand, and landed on both the palm of my hand and shin which both started bleeding profusely (I have the Sponge Bob band-aids to prove it). It hurt pretty bad, and I screamed out "CRAP!". I am not sure why I said crap instead of my other much used injury word, "SH*T!". Either way, every church going person in my neighborhood were out in their yards at the time, and I actually felt bad about saying "CRAP!", imagine how I would have felt saying the other word.

2. I hate looking at people's feet. To me, feet are the ugliest part of a person's body. I totally do not get people with foot fetishes. They are just gross. I have actually broken up with guys because of their feet. I liked my hubby so much when I met him, I tried to never look at his feet.

3. Although I have very dry and fair skin, I take scalding hot showers. Hubby says he is surprised I have any skin left on my body. I didn't know this trait was genetic, as daughter is the very same way.

4. My eyes change color according to what I am wearing. This use to freak my best friend out in high school. I have grey eyes, and they seem to pickup the highlights of what I am wearing. I can get up in the morning with blue eyes, and have green eyes later in the day. Just weird.

5. I love collecting things with acorns. I know that is weird, but things are hard to find with acorns. I have this big wooden acorn box that I got at Eddie Bauer years ago (large acorn box), and it is one of my favorite things. I stash all the giant acorns I have found in various places across the country in it. I am not sure I have ever heard of anyone else that loves acorns as much as me....except maybe squirrels, but they are not people.

Anyways, there you have it. You may not like me anymore, but, I had to get that out there.

What are five quirky things about you?

4 comments:

Kalisa said...

I love the acorn thing, if only b/c I detest when people say they "collect" ridiculously simple items, like coffee mugs.

I collect EGGS myself.

Okgirl Speaks said...

You are so right kalisah. Mugs are a boring thing to collect, although I am not knocking those who do. Eggs are cool. I have some russian eggs pendants...do those count? I hope you are not collecting boiled eggs...phew!

Anonymous said...

I collect teeny tiny frogs. When people hear I collect frogs they want to buy me all sorts of frog things--socks, mugs, whatever--but really I only "collect" teeny little frog figurines. They are mostly all smaller than a golf ball and they hide all over the house...like on the window ledges or in the medicine cabinet.

Okgirl Speaks said...

Cute Janet. I had that happen too. I mentioned to my mother in law that cows were so cute, and I just set myself up for every single dang holiday to receive something that was cow oriented. I don't like cows anymore. *snicker*