Friday, June 17, 2005

Life is Good

I just heard from my sailor son. This makes my life good. He has been out to sea for a bit, and when he is gone, I can't help but worry. We have email contact, but no phone contact while he is out. Although he is not involved in anything relating to the Middle East, the nature of his job alone makes me worry (he has a dangerous job on the ship, he is part of the burn/rescue team). Everyone on that ship and in the military is part of a dangerous job, and we should be thankful we have them to protect us. He has met a wonderful girl near the base where he is assigned and her family has taken him under their wings and for that I am grateful. I worried about him even more when he was alone, with no one there to worry about his return. No one to celebrate holidays with and such. I am thankful he has found someone to return to. He is talking about coming home for Christmas, and we are the ones at this port that cannot wait to see him! (Although we are landlocked and not really exactly a port). I cannot tell you how relieved I am to hear from him and hear that he is okay. He is already anxious about turning 21 in February when he will be of legal age. *sigh* I for one am not looking forward to that. My child is growing up.

No comments: