Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Product Rant

Okay, I have to post about a great product here. You know I do not do this often, but this was just a great find, and for all of you out there with unruly hair, I think you might appreciate this. My daughter literally has the worst hair of any of us. I am not sure where she got it, because not one of us has the type hair she has. First of all, she has A LOT of hair. I have A LOT of hair. Here is where we differ: She has A LOT of very corse, frizzy hair. I have fought with this hair for years. I am not sure if it's the combination of Cherokee Indian and Norwegian (they just don't seem to go together) or what. She has so much hair that it is hard to find anything to hold it in a pony tail, muchless anything else. Around Christmas, she asked me to get her a CHI Flatiron like our hairstylist uses. When I would take her to get her hair done, after Jennifer (our hairstylist was done), we would be amazed at how straight and soft her hair would be, but I just chalked it up to product (Biosilk) and experience (Jennifer knew what she was doing where I obviously did not). I started pricing these CHI irons, and there was no way in heck I was going to pay over 100 bucks for a flat iron. We were at JC Penney and walking by their beauty salon (holding our noses of course because of all the perm solotion smells wafting out), and there sat a "ceramic" iron for $29.99. Now, it was not a CHI, but it did say ceramic, which Jennifer had told me was the secret ingredient, so of course I snatched it right up. We came home and tried it out, and although it did okay, we did not get the results as we get when an experienced person does it. Once again, I am not a hairstylist, and I just assumed that was the problem as a whole. After daughter graduated from elementary school, I told her we would splurge on the CHI for her graduation gift. Oh my goodness.....I am a hair stylist! That thing is totally amazing. Now I regret not turning loose of that extra 80 bucks around Christmas. That thing truly works. When I do daughter's hair now, it is stick straight and so soft I cannot belive it is her hair. I truly endorse this product. I am even using it on my hair!

CHI Flat Iron: 5 stars!

No comments: