Sunday, June 12, 2005

Rainy Days and Sundays

Ick...it's so yucky outside and I want/need to go walking. I am about to put on my walking shoes and head out. I made some delish chicken alfredo tonight with Texas toast and I feel like I might bust. I sauteed some zucchini and sweet onions and added some sweet english peas and it was a hit! Go me!

This morning was just lovely because I sat up reading new blogs and then got to bed a little late. I ended up sleeping until 12:30 pm! It has been ages since I slept that late, but man did it feel good. I got up and hubby had made french toast and coffee and it was waiting on me. Yum! I sat and read the paper and perused the want ads for a job. I ended up only circling two of them. *sigh*

One of the blogs I read last night really made me think today. It was the blog of an ultra liberal couple who are both lawyers, who did what just about every single liberal in our area, in Hollywood, heck anywhere have threatened to do, but didn't do, and that was move to Canada. I say good for them! Finally someone who made good on their promise. Now, if Alec Baldwin would just make good on his promise to move to France, I think I would be even more impressed (and just why is he still here? His movie career is pretty much over isn't it? Couldn't he even thank the Americans for making him rich? Jeez!!!) I did find it quite funny that although this family did move to Canada, they keep coming back accross the line for various things they cannot get/find/take advantage of in Canada I can't believe people would move to a different country (although one reallllllly close by), just because they don't like the president (also, they have not been able to find employment there because unlike the United States who will let just about let anyone work here, the Canadians do not appreciate anyone but Canadians working in their country). We do get to change presidents every four years (or eight years) don't we? Jeez. Just to make them happy, Hillary will probably run and might even win in 2008. The thought of it makes me cringe, but instead of running like some weirdo cowardly type person, I choose to stay and find ways to help run her off. Hehehe. That's the fun of being an American. We may not like the way things are going here, but it is up to us to help make the change and let our voices to be heard. That is why we are free. I have plenty of friends who are liberals, but I love them anyways. I love the fact that we can voice our opinions and not be shot or sent to prison for it. Now, I know they do not do that in Canada, but to those of you that don't like it here and want to go, please, go! You won't hear any of us complaining! Actually, we will be proud of you and cheer you on! You don't want to move to Canada? Then you can do like Madonna and move to England, get a nice fakey English accent and drink Kabbalah water, wear red strings and stuff....Yay Madonna! Go you!!! No, really...GO!!!! I can't help but wonder if this family plans to renounce their American citizenship or if they plan to move back and forth depending on who is President at the time. Dang, that could get expensive! Since the Canadian government will take most of their paychecks when and if they get jobs up there, will they be able to afford to do that? I dunno...food for thought I guess. It really is something to think about/follow. I am proud of them though for doing what they said they would do.

Hopefully no one found this offensive, and if you did, sorry. Just voicing my opinion and using my right as an American citizen. That blog really did make me think and appreciate those that make good on their promises.

Go them! No...really GOOO!!!!!!

No comments: