Thursday, June 09, 2005

Kickin

Well...I only have a few minutes to post today as I am getting ready to try to do something with daughter's hair before her big finale to band camp, a mini concert. This outta be just great since most of these kids had never picked up an instrument before this week. Aren't you jealous you can't go? Please pray I can get through this without rolling in the floor laughing uncontrollably. Please!

Also, after I dropped daughter off this morning, I headed over to the temp agency I worked for before, because they wanted me to retake my Excel test that I took last year. Evidently, I did pretty pathetically on it, but my typing was good, so she wanted to leave that alone, although I am sure my speed and accuracy has picked up quite a bit, but I did fabulous last time, so why mess with a good thing. I sat down and took the Excel test and went to tell the girl I was done, and she was like, "Already?". Huh? I told her I was only there to take the Excel test, not the whole thing, so, still looking at me funny, she went to get the test results. Seems I did a WHOLE lot better this time. She still kept looking at me weird, because before she gave me the results, I was telling her I have not used it in forever, and in my previous job, I really didn't use it a whole lot. This didn't make her get that funny look off her face though. I wish I would have asked her what the problem was, but I had to get to the grocery store before having to pick daughter back up again.

Last night I took what started out as a long walk, but my dog heard I was going walking and started following me around whimpering. I guess she thought if she was on her best behaviour I would take her with me. Now, let me tell you about my dog. She is a Peek-a-poo. Very small dog with very short legs and lots of hair that sort of resembles a mop. I don't really like to take her with me because she slows me down and everyone around here can tell you that I am a fast walker. I break out into a jog occasionally just to get my heart rate up, but dang it, I felt sorry for my dog. She wanted to go so bad. Oh, and let me not forget to tell you that my dog is also old. She will be 12 next month. And, she is almost blind. It's hard not to laugh when your little mop of a dog runs into furniture constantly. Well...my planned walk turned into a short walk because about a mile into it, she kept running ahead of me to lay down in people's comfy grass yards. I would keep walking and when she would feel the leash run out of tension, she would do the same thing all over again. grrrr!!!!! (we have one of those extension leashes) This went on forever. I looked at her and her tounge was practially dragging the ground. I just kept lecturing her about how she wanted to go, and next time don't beg me to go if you can't hang, and all that. My poor dog has slept most of the day. Actually I have not even seen her and I guess I need to see if she is okay. I am wondering if she will remember this lesson. Probably not because I am sure while I am getting ready to go walking, she will be following me around and whining to go again.

Stupid dog.

No comments: