Sunday, June 19, 2005

Take it Easy

I am sitting here watching The Eagles concert on Bravo with the stereo turned up really loud. The memories are just flooding in. All the fun (and trouble) I had while listening to The Eagles as a teenager. Gosh, I can't even pick out a favorite Eagles song because I think they are all my favorite. Even "Hotel California" which has been played to death is a favorite. I feel like lighting up a lighter and waving it in the air as I sing along. They still sound soooo good. My daughter just came downstairs to ask me to turn it down. The phone has been ringing off the wall since it was announced in future 7th grader land that she has broken up with her boyfriend. The calls of condolences seem to be never ending today. *sigh* Seems she should start listening to The Eagles like I use to do to make her feel better. I don't know how many times I listened to "I Can't Tell You Why" or "Victim of Love" while I sobbed uncontrollably. Sometimes whatever mood I was in, I could listen to almost any Eagles song, and they could interpret my exact mood. Weird huh? Well..."Life's Been Good to Me So Far".

2 comments:

caseyoconnell said...

Oh yeah, you are totally rockin' out when your kids come ask you to turn down your racket. ;-)

bob said...

Thank Poco and Tim B Schmit for "I Can't Tell You Why."
I'll be back. Good stuff.