Monday, June 20, 2005

Good News/Bad News

Well..bunny had a trip to the vet today. The news on the seizure front is good. He seems to have recovered nicely and has even regained the use of his rear legs. Before he was just sort of dragging them behind him a little bit, which was upsetting to watch. The bad news is something I sort of expected because I had found a mass on him a few weeks ago when I picked him up. I told hubby about it and he could not find it. Today the vet found it and believes it may be a malignant tumor because of where it is, it's size, and the way it feels. So, I am not sure what route we are gonna go yet. I mean...he is a rabbit for gosh sakes. She was talking surgery which would have to remove much of his muscle to one of his hind legs, which may cripple him, etc, etc. I mean..he is a 9 year old rabbit. We love him dearly, but you must understand, he is a rabbit. We paid 20 bucks for him. Rabbits usual life span is 4-6 years so he has already beaten the odds. He has had a wonderful life. Our vet visit today was more than we paid for him. I am not sure what we are going to do except just love him and give him a wonderful rest of his life. Lots of carrots and pine cones to chew on. And of course, some lovely yogurty covered treats. He is spoiled. Obviously we are taking excellent care of him because otherwise, he would not have lived 9 years! Oh, did I mention he is a rabbit?

Other than that, I also had to go to the eye doctor today for the contact portion of my earlier eye doc visit. All my contact lady could keep saying is that she could not believe how freakisly bad my eye sight has gotten. Thanks! Of course I had to be fitted for special contacts for my freakishly bad eyes. It will take extra time for them to come in also because of the type of prescription. Can't anything ever be easy? Can't anything or anyone around here be normal? Grrrrrr!!!!!!!!

Oh, and also, I can not help but laugh at the incident with Tom Cruise getting squirted in the eye with that water microphone. I was showing hubby the tape of it and we both had a great laugh. I have to admit, I was one of the girls that was crazy in love with him in the 80's and 90's - until I saw "Eyes Wide Shut". That killed it for me. Now I think he is just sort of going psycho. I am not sure if it fame that has made him so nutty, or the fact that he is just a huge Scientologist. Something has warped his mind. If you have not seen the incident, watch it here. It's hilarious. Funny thing is that at first he was laughing, then he started getting all uppity about it (I guess he spent a lot of time on his hair or something). Hilarious!

No comments: