Sunday, June 05, 2005

Dancing with the Stars

Are you watching this? First Loverboy and now, a dancing Evander Holyfield. Argh...what is this world coming to? What other rediculous thing will they put on TV? Wait...I am watching this so it must not be too bad. Actually it is, but it's all that is on.

I have sent out I don't know how many resumes in my quest for a job. I really would not mind going back part-time, but I am very nervous about full-time. I know many many many mothers that work both part-time and full-time, but I am just really scared. We could really use the money, and I know this is something I need to do, but I am so scared. Sometimes I feel like crying when I think about it. I have worked off and on in the last few years, but stores have closed and government contractors have lost their contracts at the time I was working for them, so I think I might be bad luck. No really, I am! I don't think I should go back to work because it might spell disaster to those I work for/with. Actually, I seem to get hired by people who are already having problems, so I know it's not me. I guess I need to stop whining and just do this. Today I faxed a resume to an attorney's office, which would be perfect for me because my degree is in Pre-Law/Justice. Somehow I always get chosen for accounting jobs. Oh, and I also applied for an accounting job for a travel agency and a car dealership. We shall see. Also, I am the front runner for the job at my daughter's school. It does not pay well, but we just need fun money, so that's not really the issue. Also, I would work the same days my daughter is at school and I would have the same days off, so that would be the perk there. Oh gosh. I cannot believe I am doing this!!!!

Any positive thoughts or words of encouragement would be greatly appreciated here. Do we really like money anyways?

Thanks!

1 comment:

Kalisa said...

you're gonna be fine! Just keep your chin up. Keep doing the "footwork" and the right job will come along for you.