Thursday, June 16, 2005

Happy Birthday Yellow Guy

Happy 25th Birthday Pac Man!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I wish I had all those quarters that I put Pac Man machine growing up, I would probably be a thousandaire. As 16 and 17 year olds my best friend Valerie and I use to cruise the strip in our area for hours on Friday and Saturday nights, stopping to talk to various friends and harrass the cute boys. Eventually we would get tired of crusing, and head on over to the local scuzzy, smoky bowling alley and challenge each other to many games of Pac Man (well, depending on how much money we had left after illegally buying alcohol - we were bad). I would play until my poor hand would cramp up into the shape of the joystick. Valerie was much better than I was and always followed the same path and could go on forever, racking up the guys. Unfortuately, I had the attention span of a flea, and would keep devising different paths, of course killing my Pac Man guy off early and would stand there in defeat as Valerie played her extra guys and put me to shame. I would try to remember her pattern, but you know, that attention span thing kept getting in the way (as well as the alcohol we had drank earlier). After that, we would go back to cruising where she would brag to everyone about how bad she beat me. Whatever!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aaahhh! Pac Man. I love Pac Man. I haven't seen a Pac Man game is years.