Thursday, June 23, 2005

I am Employed!!!!!

Okay, this is one of those funny stories. I had a really good interview this morning with the local school system and I left there feeling spectacular. I came home and took my stuffy interview clothes off, and then I just started to get confused. Since both interviews went so well, I didn't really know what I would do if I got an offer from both. I decided that nothing would help calm my nerves like a shopping trip! So, while I was in the midst of trying on some really horrible bathing suits (well..the bathing suits were not so horrible, I think it was more that my thighs were horrible), my cell phone rings. I couldn't get to it fast enough and ended up missing the call. I got to where I could dug it out of the bottom of my purse but I didn't recongnize the number. I sort of thought to myself "here we go". I called it back and it was the university. Not only did I get the job, but they offered me more money than the announcement offer. That was my omen. I accepted and am awaiting my offer letter. We are going to be in and out of town all next week, otherwise they wanted me to start next week. Not only did I get more money, she said to think about the hours I wanted to work (WOW!!!!). Since I am part-time, I can pretty much pick and choose my hours. I cannot believe my good fortune. This is perfect!

On another note...I did get an awesome bathing suit. :0)w

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Congratulations, I hope you love it!