Tuesday, June 14, 2005

One month

One month from today will be my 42nd birthday. How do I feel about this? hmmm....I dunno. I was thinking today as I was cleaning and gutting my teenage son's room that 42 seemed so old when I was a young girl. I remember the year one of my stepmom's friends turned 40 and we kids thought that she was just ancient! We never thought we would be 40 anything. I am not sure exactly what we were thinking because the alternative is not so good. I guess when you are a child, time is so slow and it seems like anything you are waiting for will never come anyways, so why worry about being 40? I am not so worried about being 40 anymore, I am worried about being 42! So many things I meant to accomplish by now and haven't. *sigh* Nowadays I just take things one day at a time, and I try to get one thing at a time accomplished. The only good thing about being 42 is that hubby and I are one year closer to retirement and spending quality time together and traveling. The other day he mentioned that when all the kids are gone, he would like to sell the house and buy or build a house on a large lake. That actually sounded good to me. Sitting on the porch reading a book while he is getting his tackle box together to go fishing. When I was a child, that would have not sounded so great. Funny how times change, lives change, kids grow up, and we get older. Somehow we deal with it all and march on. I am marching towards 42. *groan*

No comments: