Monday, April 18, 2005

You can't see the stars.....

if you are always looking at the ground.

I am feeling much better today and seeing stars instead of dirt. Hubby finally got a day off. Hooray! This is the first day off he has had since Easter. It was sorta weird because this morning after the kids got off to school, we just sorta looked at each other like..."what now?" We ended up having a great day together. He decided to clean out the garage a little, which was great because it had gotten so cluttered. Now I can actually get to the deep freezer without fear of serious injury. While he worked on the garage, I ran to the grocery store to pick up a few things. When I got home we went out for a yummy lunch (mexican of course), then he went with me to the dentist (isn't that romantic?). I was afraid I had a cavity, and I have not had a cavity in years and I wanted to get it checked out. My fear comes from last Thanksgiving when for the first time in life I cracked a tooth (no Thanksgiving dinner for me). I thought I might have had a cavity then, but to my horror, when I went to get it checked I had cracked a molar!!!! Now, everyone that knows me knows I am anal about my teeth and brush about 10 times a day. I actually started crying when the dentist told me that I would have to have a crown. I told him that was only for old people. He laughed so hard when I said that. He doesn't know that I am in denial about getting old myself. It was not an experience I would want to repeat. Call me a wimp if you must (because I am), but I have never been one to have problems with my teeth. I have always had great pride in my strong Native American teeth. Did you know a dentist can tell that you have Native American ancestry by the shape of your teeth? Anyways, I had asked him what would happen had I not come in at that time and he said that I would possibly need a root canal. Now you know why I ran over there today at the first fear that something was amiss. I did not want to get to a point where I might need a root canal. I don't wish that on anyone. I have heard horror stories. Turns out I do not have a cavity. What I do have is excessive wear due to clenching my teeth when I am stressed. I have worn one of them down to the point where some of the little nerves are sensitive. I catch myself clenching while I am sitting at a red light or standing in line. Here I think I am a patient person, but I clench my teeth when I have to wait. I also grind my teeth at night while I sleep to the point where hubby has to wake me up and tell me to stop. I am not sure why I am doing this because I do not feel stressed out. I mean, I guess I worry like most moms, and maybe that is what is going on. He ended up applying a sealant that helped calm the nerves and sort of deaden them. Anyways, I have been fitted for a mouth guard to stop grinding at night. Otherwise, the dentist suggested I sing at redlights to avoid clenching. I wonder what the heck I am supposed to do while standing in line? I am sure the people around me do not want me to sing. Maybe that would be a good way to speed up the line or clear it out all together. Maybe I might just try that. HA!

Speaking of singing, my daughter was in her school's talent show tonight. She did a wonderful job. I wish I was like her. She is never nervous about getting in front of people and singing or performing. She did a fabulous job.

I did not go to the gym today. With hubby home, I decided I would be a slacker. It felt good, but I will be back at it tomorrow. I have missed 3 consecutive days. These next few weeks are going to be very busy. I have about 2 field trips a week between my daughter's school and my son's. I have volunteered for almost everything that has come up to volunteer for. *sigh*

No rest for the weary.

But at least I see the stars.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: