Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Happy Hump Day

Happy Hump Day! Making our way to Friday. Today there was almost a mutiny at the gym. I had done my 50 mins on the elliptical machine and was just going at it, music blaring, when this girl comes up to get on the machine beside me. I had a fan on me because I had gotten there early and snagged a prime spot. Anyways, this girl comes up and turns the fan that was facing a couple of the girls on the treadmills across from me, on her! They both turned around and tried to tell her she was taking their fan. I could see the action, but couldn't hear it because Eminem was telling me that Shady was back rather loudly. Okay, so this girl ticks off the girls accross from me and I am just trying to get my hour in. I wanted no part of this scene. I keep going, and the girl that pissed everyone off looks at me and starts talking to me. I remove one ear piece to see what she was saying and she was telling me that the fans were meant to be moved at any time and they could get their own fan. WHAT? Oh gosh, at this point, I just wanted to finish my whole hour. One of the girls on the treadmill starting coming our way, so quickly, I told them they could have my fan. I was almost done anyways, and I am not one that wants to be around any confrontation. I just could not believe how inconsiderate the girl next to me was. She kept talking to me even when the poor girls accross from me were trying to adjust my former fan and the whole while shooting the girl next to me dirty looks. I just kept my headphones on and finished my hour.

Also disturbing: They make these things called "sports bras". Some poor soul at the gym thinks her regular bra is a sports bra. I want to tell her, it's not working. She does the double step class and when I am on the hip adductor machine, I do my best not to look at her. There is not way in heck I would ever think my regular bra could double as a sports bra..and to make matters worse, she does not wear a shirt. *sigh* Just not a scene that is enjoyable. She is a pretty heavy girl and she is just definately not getting the support she needs. If she had a friend there, I would hope they would tell her. It's not pretty.

Oh well, getting ready to head out for errands.

Stop here if you don't want to bore yourself to death.

Work out log:

60 mins elliptical with various resistance and incline. I tried to move it around a lot so that I could get my heart rate up and down. I was 50 mins in my target zone today! Whoohoo!! At first I felt I would not make it 10 mins, then something kicked in. This is the second time I have done a whole hour.

After elliptical, did 2 sets on the low row machine and some flies. Also did some glute work and abs.

Total workout time: 1 hour 20 mins.

Weigh in in 2 weeks

No comments: