Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Disapointment

Disappointment comes in many forms. Today it came in my lunch. I meet once or twice a month with a group of moms for lunch. We always try to go the newest, and of course, hippest new places. Today we chose...uhh...*insert blank here*. Anyways, this place is new, and I really don't want to bad mouth them, but, we all left with much to be desired. This place advertises itself as a brushetta restaurant. That sounded exciting because I love brushetta. They had many different kinds to choose from and it sounded different. We all placed our orders. Some had brushetta (myself included) and others had panini. Sounded great! Okay, either I am a dummy, or I don't know what a brushetta or a panini is.

First off...when you think panini, do you think....

this?

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Oh...I do! Doesn't that look just delish?

Instead, the people that ordered panini get this....

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Hrmm...that looks more like a sub sandwich to me. Okay, well, they were tasty anyways. Still we sat waiting on our brushetta. After a little great gossip, our brushetta finally comes out. Uhhh.....disappointment. I thought brushetta looked like this....

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Now, that's what I was expecting. Instead, I got this delightful surprise...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Oh, and it was covered in sliced pickled asparagus with some sort of cheese melted on it and sprinkled with mushrooms. I paid 6 bucks for a slice of toasted Wonderbread. I guess the joke was on me. We all left pretty disappointed. I feel all dumb and stuff.

*sniff*

No comments: