Monday, April 04, 2005

Monday Night

Wow...I am actually doing something on a blog 3x in one day. That is just so not me. Blogger seems to be working very well. Nothing much to report except that my daughter, one of her friends and I went to Walmart tonight...ick...Walmarts are icky (at least the ones here are). That's why I love Super Target, nice and clean. Oh, anyways, we went to Walmart then hit the Marble Slab for some ice cream. I didn't have any because of all this working out. I don't want to undo things. My jeans are getting loose. My goal is to be one size smaller in about a month. That will put me back in my younger days, back into a size 8! Whoohoo! I will stop there, but I plan to continue to work out because I like how it makes me feel. The great thing about working out too, is you really don't have to change your eating habits, although I am being much more careful.

On our way home, my son called me and he was just sorta freaking out because he was at a mall out in Washington where he is stationed, and he had just passed a guy that we had seen on Ripley's Believe it or Not. You know, the guy that is trying to look like a tiger or something? I dunno, but he sounded totally freaked by it. Hehehehe. Growing up in Leave it to Beaver world has left him sorta surprised by many things he has seen out in Washington. Things he would never see here. Poor thing. But I am still jealous that he spent Christmas in Hong Kong and his birthday in Singapore..jeez..the life of a sailor. I am proud of him though. He plays hockey for the Navy and they have been doing a lot of community projects. The hockey players went to Ronald McDonald house and hung out with some ill children and their families, then went with them to a semi-pro hockey game. He loved it. I am just glad that although he is in the Navy, he gets to continue to play hockey. He has loved that sport since he could walk, and now he does not have to lose his skills. All those years of playing are paying off. Sorta.

Oh well, I guess I better go be the wonderful mom that I am.

Have a great night!

:0)