Friday, April 08, 2005

TGIF Dammit

Okay, I already posted once, but for some stupid reason when I was using the Firefox browser, it would not let me post!!!! Grrrrr!!!!! (for those of you that don't know.....grrrrr....is a growling angry noise). Anyways, *shaking off frustration* Today my 18 year old is home as today is Senior Skip Day. He asked me last night if he could go to the gym with me. Instead of going to my normal ladies only gym, I took him to the co-ed gym (same company, different location). This was my first time there, so I was not sure what it would be like. They had a lot of different newer machines as this is a newer location. I did my normal 5 min. cardio warm up while I looked around. There were several things that caught my eye that I wanted to try. I usually wait until someone else uses them so I can see how it's done, because I feel like a dufus or a...hmmm..I forgot that Canadian word for dufus and I was really going to try hard to remember that too, but that's how I feel when I have to go up and ask how to do something, like a dufus. My son started his work out while I was getting my warmup out of the way. He has been taking body building this year and has lost tons of weight and has gotten very muscular. I guess it helps that he runs 4 miles a day, sometimes twice. He use to be quiet heavy (230 lbs) and has gotten down to 160 lbs. Also, he has put on some height and is now up to 6'1". He has done very well with working out and running.

While we were at the gym, he asked me if I could do pull ups. I have not done pull ups since I was like in high school, so I immediately told him no. He showed me this machine I have never seen before called the assisted pull up machine. He showed me how it works and I got on and did it. That was an awesome machine. I wish we would get one at our girl gym. I also tried a new cardio machine called the Arc Trainer. If you have not been on one of these, I highly recommend them! It is sort of a cross between an elliptical and a stepper. Very awesome and it has a wireless heart transmitter that picked up my Polar Heart Rate Monitor so I did not have to keep looking down at my watch. I did 20 minutes on this. Very cool and not hard on the knees at all.

Speaking of which, I was upset that they have officially pulled Bextra off the market. It has been a wonderful drug for my knees. The scary part of this is that I developed some freaky rash and had to call my doctor the other night and was informed to stop taking it and immediately start taking Benedryl in case I was having an allergic reaction. One of the reasons it was pulled from the market is due to a life threating rash that is one of the major side effects. Scary! My rash is going away, but I have to call and get something else so that my knees don't start up again. I can already feel that little pang as I walk around and Aleve is not doing a dang thing.

Well, I guess it's in the shower and off to run errands.

Have a great day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The word is "Wanker" ;)

G.