Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Auntie Em!

I hope I am not screaming that later today. One of the reasons I hate living next door to Mississippi is that they always send us their terrible weather. Today, they are so graciously sending us a huge batch of rain, hail, high winds and possibly tornadoes. I already dread it. Just a few minutes ago, the local news said that a tornado just ripped up a high school there. This lovely gift is suppose to be here sometime around lunch time which makes me even more angry because I am supposed to go to lunch with some former co-workers. GRRRRRR! Thankfully the Big Norwegian has taken a day off and will be here to calm me down while I am in my tornado warning panic. Nothing is worse than being home alone during these events with no power and worrying about my kids who are in two different schools. At one time I thought that with them being at school they would be safer, but now that I hear this, I am not so sure. It's not all negative though. The good thing about having Mississippi next door is that they take the pressure off being last in almost everything. I can always find that little ray of sunshine can't I?

No comments: