Monday, April 11, 2005

Great Weekend!

Hello, we had a great weekend. Friday night my daughter spent the night with a group of her friends, so when hubby got home, we went out for an alone time dinner. It was great although he was very tired because he had worked from 6 am until 8 pm. At least I got to see him. I am hoping all this stuff is over soon and we can resume normal family activities, mainly, seeing him. I have been like a single mother for about a month, and it's not a lot of fun. Also, I rented a bunch of movies this weekend since hubby is working so much, so I made sure they were girly flicks that he would not watch anyways. The first one I watched was "Wimbleton", with Paul Bettnay and Kirsten Dunst. I remember seeing previews for this at the movie theatre and it looked pretty good. Acutally, it turned out to be pretty good. Definately a chick flick though. The next one I watched was "Bridget Jones Edge of Reason", and I actually liked it quite a bit. I am not sure what the attraction is with Rene Zellweger, because I think she is probably one of the most unattractive people I have ever seen. She always has her nose crunched up like someone cut the cheese in her direction. I dunno, heavy or slim, she is still not very pretty. She seems like she would be sweet, just as she was in this movie, but I don't know why anyone would find her even remotely attractive. Sorry Rene! Colin Firth just seemed like he had something up his bum throughout the whole movie. I dunno. I guess that Hugh Grant just made it all worth watching. I liked the story though. Saturday I took those movies back and rented more because daughter had a friend spend the night over here. They rented "Scary Movie 2", and I just wasn't going to watch that stupidity. HA! They spent most of their time up stairs in the game room playing "Dance, Dance Revolution".

"Closer" was a movie I had been waiting to see. It's one that I wanted to see at the theatre, but never could make it over there while it was playing. Now that it is out on DVD, I thought I would give it a watch. I grade this just as okay. I guess I don't see why it was so award worthy. I understand the lessons on human nature, and how we choose our own destiny, but I just didn't think it was that fab. It was okay, but I am glad I waited for DVD and I am glad I didn't buy it. It was nice watching Jude Law however. While I cleaned house yesturday I popped in my favorite movie, "Moulin Rouge". Many people do not like it, but I love it. I love the story of how true love overcomes everything. I think the costumes and the scenery are spectacular (Spectacular, Spectacular!!!!). I also love the music, I have the soundtrack to the movie also. My husband watched it with me once, and he was not impressed. My daughter watched it with me and she said the story made her want to cry. She loved it. It is a beautiful love story. And that song "Come What May"....love it.

Okay, now the boring part....my daily workout log:

5 mins warmup on elliptical machine
55 mins to do weights, ActivTrax, abs
25 mins on elliptical hard with 7% resistance and moderate incline.

Will be weighed and measured at the end of the month. Am trying to keep from weighing at home or measuring. Will post results. My jeans are much looser though...yipee!

No comments: