Wednesday, April 06, 2005

YAY!

We are still here! No tornadoes...hooray! We are still under a bunch of warnings and they keep saying the fun is not over, but, I am beginning to believe our weather people are full of...umm...bologna, or boloney, whichever word suits your part of the country. Yes I am in the south, but I prefer something a little more sophisticated like saying bologna. Hubby was here with me most of the day and we finally got our taxes done. The best part of this whole ordeal was that I thought we had everything together and we did sort of a rough fill in on Turbo Tax, and for the first year ever, we are going to have to pay...a lot (thanks to me helping out with a part-time job and knocking us into the stratosphere tax bracket). Oh, getting to the good part, I got my shredder out the other day and was shredding various old receipts that were no longer needed, and lo and behold, I found a mortgage statement for $806 bucks in interest that we had paid. I stared at it for a minute because I did not remember us adding that into Turbo Tax. I kept looking at the date....2004....2004....dang...was I seeing things? I fired up the G4 and opened Turbo Tax..and nope...it was not there! Wow..I was so excited. I added that baby in and it dropped the amount we are going to have to pay down about 200 bucks. I am not sure why I am so excited about that, because we still have to pay...a lot. I wish I would have known and when I was working I would have had an extra amount taken out, but then why would I be working? I am not sure why this makes sense. Oh yeah, and that extra bit of interest added 20 bucks to our state refund..wow..now that will be a big help with our big IRS bill..NOT! And to top it off, hubby ended getting called into work. The fun just never ends.

*sigh*

No comments: