Monday, April 25, 2005

Some bloggin action

Phew! Finally I get a chance to sit down and do a little blogging. These last coupld of weeks have been crazy. I hope to have a day one day when I don't have anything to do but sit and stuff my face with cheetos (ala Britney) and watch talk shows where people throw furniture at each other or wrassle for their mullet wearing redneck man (also ala Britney). It won't be this week unfortunately, as the kids are keeping me pretty busy. That's okay though, that is what I am here for. My youngest son will graduate this year, so I am trying to do as much as I can for him before he moves on in life. One thing that I have always been fortunate enough to do is to be active at all of my children's schools. I have been a room mother for something like 14 years now. I have enjoyed every minute of it and would not have missed it for all the money in the world. I was just informed that my son and two of his friends plan to get an apartment this summer because they all want to move out on their own. This is the child/man I don't worry about. He saves his money and always plans for something that might come up. He is a responsible young man and I am sure he will be successful in everything he does. He will be attending a local college in the fall pursuing a degree in engineering. Looks like his stepdad rubbed off on him.

I posted my workout earlier today, and I was discussing it with hubby tonight at dinner. I had something a little weird happen - something that has never happened before. Now, I did work pretty hard this morning, probably harder than I ever have. When doing the elliptical machine, I set the resistance really high and pushed the incline up all the way for quite awhile. When I was finished, I did a couple of ab machines and the bicep machine, but started feeling flushed. When I went to wash my hands before I left, I looked in the mirror and my face was totally red! I felt sorta feverish too. When I got home, I pretty much looked the same. I looked it up online, and evidently I over did it a little much. I may get a little pink working out sometimes, but I have never turned beet red like I did today. I guess I need to not push it that hard. I have a goal and I intend to reach it, although, I rather not kill myself getting there. I do not want to try the death diet. I plan to be more careful tomorrow. I didn't get my walk in tonight because we had some errands to run, and daughter had an activity to attend. The fun never ends around here.

On another note, we have been researching new cars. Hubby is thinking about buying a new car at the end of this year because his poor car is probably not going to make it much longer. Daughter and I are trying to convince him that the 2005 Mustang would be the perfect car for him (in Legend Lime of course). Whatever he gets will probably be her car in another 3 1/2 years (Waaahhhh!!! She is not a baby anymore!). He might as well get something she likes. Hopefully his car will make it until the end of the year. *fingers crossed* At this rate, I am just hoping I make it until the end of the year.

I need a vacation.

No comments: