Sunday, May 29, 2005

Sunday

Today is Sunday. You would never know it at my house. Some people call this a day of rest. At our house, it is a day of hard work. Hubby got up and went fishing at 5:30 am. More power to him! I slept until 10. I got up and got busy cleaning and getting some things organized. Our closet has been a source of many an argument, because every time I mention I am going to clean it out, hubby pitches a hissy fit because supposedly, he is a better orgainizer than I am (okay, so he is). He insists that I let him do it. Well...many moons have passed, and it still looks the same so if it's gonna get done, I will have to be the one to do it. It's not fun either let me tell ya. I would post pictures, but it would be embarassing. It is a quite large closet (we have two, a large one and a smaller one we use to store junk), but it just fills up with clutter so fast. Not to mention, every toy my hubby owned as a child is in there (his mother saved every friggin thing). So it's up to me. I am about half way done, and this is my break time. I made a big ole pot of spaghetti and everyone is just serving themselves...it's casual night here at the hacienda.

On another note, son is liking his new job. I am liking it too since we went to get paint yesturday and we got a 40% family discount! Whoohooo! Our next project in the works shall be painting daughter's room. I reaaaaalllllly dread that one. Her room needs to be purged so bad. GAK! The fun never ends. Daughter is staying busy and her social life is getting even busier. I thought this would be a fabulous summer break, but it's turning into the summer of mom driving taxi service. Today it was another mom's turn. She took daughter and two of her friends to the movies and now they are their house roasting hot dogs, then it's off to another friend's house to spend the night. PHew! That girl is keeping me busy. I am not sure for how much longer, as I am considering going back to work. I am not sure I will go back full time unless it's something absolutely fab and pays fab too. I will definately work part time though. Seems we cannot get ahead due to everything being so frigging expensive. You would think hubby's salary would be enough for us to live on, but since we are totally spoiled and have indulged in everything our hearts have desired, I am gonna have to help pay for it. We will see....if hubby gets a fabulous raise any time soon, then this won't come to pass...*fingers crossed*. We went to Tennessee to buy a lottery ticket yesturday, and I was hoping by today we would be millionaires, but this too did not come to pass.

Oh well...time for me to go prove how organized I am.

Have a great Memorial Day tomorrow!

No comments: