Monday, May 23, 2005

It's that time of year!

Sorry guys. I haven't been posting very much basically because I am so friggin busy! I don't have much time today because my son graduates high school here in about 3 1/2 hours. YAY!!! Another one down. One more left. Don't get me wrong, I have been crying likie a baby because of this, but when they do graduate, you can't help but feel a little bit successful in your attempt as a parent. During their early years, there are so many things that can go wrong, and so many things that set your child up for failure - so many things to overcome. I dunno, I just feel so proud and so happy that so far, I have wonderful kids, and they have overcome all the obsticles and temptations that could ruin their formative years and cause them to not complete their schooling. Scary though, is that my son that is graduating's favorite movie is "Animal House", the fun may not be over yet. There is still much to overcome. I say a little prayer every day.

Oh well, I have been working out still. I have adopted a new workout called HIIT. High Intesity Interval Training. It's kicking my butt, but this dang weight does not want to come off no matter what I do. I am sorry, I am not willing to give up my weekly trip to my favorite Mexican restaurant either. *sigh* I will win! I will win!!!! That is my mantra.

Okay, well...off to get a kid graduated.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your son's graduation! And I know just what you mean by the emotional rollercoaster of sadness mixed with pride. I hope you have a wonderful celebration.