Monday, May 16, 2005

Rainy Days and Mondays....

Always get me down (remembering the harmonizing sounds of The Carpenters from my childhood). Okay, well, it's not raining, but Mondays always (or sometimes) get me down. Today has been no exception. I woke up at 4 am this morning because my back was absolutely killing me. Hubby had planned to take the day off, so he got up with me to pamper and baby. We got the kids up and off to school and he proceeded to go out and work on his poor car that threatening to leave him stranded on a back country road (he works in the boonies). I fell back asleep in his big comfy recliner all snuggled up in comfy blankies, and ended up sleeping until almost noon. I missed lunch with my ladies group, which I was a little sad about, but since I tossed and turned all night and could not get comfortable, I needed the rest. I am hoping tonight is much better. I thought I had hurt myself working out, but turns out that time of the month has slipped up on me and I just have a raging case of back cramps. I am blessed to have a tilted uterus, so whatever pain people usually get in the abdominal area, I get in my back. Three kids all had with horrific back labor. Wheeeee! Tonight I plan to take some darvocet or something that will make me absolutely loopy and just put myself in a mini coma and sleep. I am usually not this bad, but this has been a pretty sucky day. Of course, this meant no gym. But, this also meant I didn't eat hardly anything because I was too busy either sleeping or complaining. I am so blessed to have a wonderful hubby that would come and kiss my forehead or rub my back.

*sigh*

1 comment:

caseyoconnell said...

Ouch! I hope you're feeling better soon and that you get some rest.