Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Getting warmer

Our weather here is getting much warmer. As I mentioned in previous posts, we have been having uncharacteristically cool weather lately. Actually it has been very nice. Unfortunately, I am getting warmer too, because of the freaky weather, here I sit, day two, with a fever. Now daughter is home joining in on the fun. She now has her very own super dooper fever also. *sigh* Seems we both have the same thing. Only hers is much more fun because it's combined with ear pain. Yipee! She was almost like me, but she was just determined to have more. We are both heavily medicated with her up sleeping while I sit here fending off phone calls. Why is it whenever you are just sick as a damn dog, the phone rings off the wall all day? ARGH! I will give it one more day, then she and I will be heading to the doc. I have 2 Cinco de Mayo dates tomorrow and I refuse to miss either one. This sucks.

Breaking news here in my little city: Our semi professional basketball team has abrubtly pulled out of town - like overnight. Seems they were not getting the crowds they need to sustain the team. SHOCK! I was just wondering the other day how long it would take. I guess the team has been here for 2 or 3 years, but whenever they show highlights of the games on our local news station, it looks like there might be only like 10 spectators in the stands. I truly do not know how they made it this long. Last night's footage was them putting huge padlocks on the basketball team's main office door. Wow...cold. There was much ado about this several years ago, because we live in the hockey capital of the south, and when they brought basketball in, they totally rearranged our local semi pro hockey team and almost ran them off. This is the hockey capital of the south, not the basketball capital of the south. When something works...do not mess with it folks. You know hockey fans, we were ready to check some folks into the boards and do a lot of hooking and slashing to the numnuts who came up with this basketball plan. Luckily, we are having the last laugh. They rearranged the whole hockey program, and from the games we have been to this past season, hockey is here to stay. Go Havoc!

Okay, time to codeine up.

Have a great day.

Website of the day: Napoleon Dynamite Soundboard

No comments: