Monday, May 02, 2005

Argh

Wow, it's been a few days since I paid any attention to my little blog. Things have been busy as usual around here. Friday the kids had a day off from school, so I was busy hauling kids around. I took daughter and some of her friends for a manicure which was a blast. They all picked out some really loud flourescent colors and some had little flowers painted on their nails. It was fun. Saturday we were invited to a big fish fry at one of my husbands employee's farm. It was unseasonably cold for us here, and it was absolutely freezing standing outside in the wind waiting for the fish to fry. We had gotten there a little late because Friday night we had a big ole storm here, and when we were getting our cooler out of our attic Saturday morning, hubby discovered that a big limb had gone straight through the roof of our house, and so we had some pretty good damage. He had to do some quick makeshift fixing on it, so we could get out to the farm, but it's pretty ugly. The scariest part is that we all slept right through it. I woke up once when I heard some rain hitting our window pretty hard, but I was too tired/lazy to grab the remote and turn the TV on to make sure we were not going to die or anything. I called a guy this morning to come over and give us some estimates on fixing it and getting on the roof to see if there is anymore damage, but here it is late afternoon, and I have not seen or heard from him yet. Typical. We had some shingles lift up also, so there is no telling how much other damage is up there because our roof is three stories tall and there is no way we can see up there. We have two attics, one of which we rarely use, so who knows. Maybe we will get a new roof out of it.

All this freaky weather is starting to get to all of us. Daughter has been coughing for the last couple of days, and I have been feeling sort of puny. I know it is sinus stuff, but we are on allergy medication, and I am hoping that takes care of us. Usually around here this time of year, the highs are in the mid 70's but we are lucky to get in the mid 60's most days and there is always a breeze which makes it feel much cooler. Sorta freaky. Tomorrow is 6th grade field day at our local high school and I have been guilted into/volunteered to go and spend the whole day over there helping with the festivities. Whoohooo! I can hardly wait *hint of sarcasm here*. I would be more excited, but the fact that I feel like crap on a stick does not seem to be helping my attitude. OH, and I would feel much better if this dang roof guy would get over here and give us the scoop on the damage to our roof.

No comments: