Thursday, May 26, 2005

Wowie!

PHew! I have been so busy lately. Finally got everyone graduated/honored/awarded and now it's time for summer to begin. Daughter and I are having a lazy/stay at home/go through stuff sort of day. It's actually pretty nice. I got up before everyone else and did a 40 minute jog/walk (this is a good day for forward slashes evidently), and thought about going to the gym also, but I dunno....I need to really get some stuff done today. Maybe tonight I will take another walk. Fortunate for me, there are no finales of anything tonight such as American Idol/LOST (more forward slashing here). I hated how those two were on at the same time, with commercials all synchronized. That sucked. Hubby has been resisting my plea for Tivo, so we had to do the split screen thing and he didn't want to hear any singing, so that really sucked too. I finally went into our room to watch most of the American Idol finale, which seemed to last FOREVER!!!! Everyone around here is bummed because Bo didn't get it (remember, I live near his home town) and that is all anyone has talked about today on TV. However, after LOST was over, hubby said "that sucked", which, since I didn't get to see the end of that, have no clue as to what the heck he was talking about. Oh well. I was disturbed by the one part that I saw when the dudes on the raft finally came upon a boat, and all the people wanted was the guy's child and ended up taking him. That was upsetting to me. After all they have been through, they finally come upon a boat, and they take this poor guy's son. Upsetting.

Anyways, so, summer begins.

I have soooooo many things I would like to accomplish this summer since it looks like when fall arrives, I may be looking for a job. Due to the increase in almost everything, and with one starting college, my child support stopping due to son graduating, looks like I may have to. I don't want to, but I will for the good of the family. I am hoping hubby gets a nice big raise soon, so maybe I won't have to, but we will see. I am not a lazy person by any means. I actually enjoy working, but I hate leaving my kids. Or kid as it stands now. I only have one left at home, but I feel in the early teenage years, they need a parent even more. Plus, the fiasco about me working last year and us having to pay mucho in Federal taxes this year, doesn't exactly encourage me to rush right back to work. Seems that when one spouse makes a certain salary, the government doesn't exactly encourage the other to work by taxing at the very highest rate and taking away much of your child credit and such, so, we are not sure that it would even pay for me to work, unless it was for some astronomical amount to offset the expenses of working: clothing, dry cleaning, gas, lunches, wear and tear on car, etc. We will see when it gets closer. I am trying not to think about it.

Wow...a whole paragraph with no forward slashes...go me!

*sigh*

I hear the chores a callin.

No comments: