Saturday, May 07, 2005

Mother's Day Eve

It's Mother's Day Eve y'all! I am so excited about Mother's Day. I already got a box from my son who is in the Navy. He is stationed near Seattle, WA, and he sent me something really cool. He called me last week and asked me what I wanted. Now you know the boys who are defending our country do not make a lot of money, so I told him I wanted nothing but for him to be safe. He was not going to be satisfied with that answer and just kept on until I told him fine, just get me something that Seattle is famous for as long as it was cheap. I told him not to send me any Seattle's Finest brand coffee, because I can get that here locally at Publix. HA! Well, he sent me some really cool things. He sent me a salt and pepper set, a mug and a spoon rest that are handpainted with a city scape of Seattle. Very artsy looking. Since he is my artsy kid, then it was totally appropriate. I miss him so much! Very nice gift though. Hubby asked me what I wanted and I told him I wanted this outfit from Anthropologie:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Ummmmm....since the whole outfit is $780.00 (the shoes alone are $368.00 *gasp!*...who can afford this stuff?), it looks like I will be getting the hostas I bought at Home Depot today planted for me tomorrow along with my house being cleaned instead. That's almost the same thing right? Actually, I am very excited about the housecleaning thing. I might get a few days break if they do a good enough job. I really like that outfit though. Sadly, I couldn't justify buying it even if it went on sale for half price. It really does suck having expensive taste. *sniff*

I have enjoyed the comments and I am reading lots of great new blogs. I hope all you mothers out there have a terrific Mother's Day! Milk it for what it's worth and have fun!

No comments: