Saturday, July 30, 2005

The post where I try to keep a complete thought

Okay, let me see if I can do this without being interrupted in any form whatsoever. Why is it when I think of something witty that I want to blog about, I have to go, unload the dryer, give medication, answer a phone, or whatever? I cannot blog without interruption and it's pissin me off! Let's give it a go and see if this will work this time. I am sitting here with my big mug o' coffee watching "Semi Homemade" on the Food Network. The house is totally quiet except for the TV. Hubby ended up having to go into work today for some emergency thingy at his work, and of course, I needed him home today because we have people coming over for dinner tonight, so I have been stuck with the whole shebang myself. Oh fun! You know why I think I can't do this without interruption? I think I have adult ADHD or something. grrrrrr.....

Anyways, I am supposed to be cleaning and getting the food ready, but instead I am sitting here watching this chick put together a fancy meal for her guest. Maybe she should just come over here and do this for me? That would be fab. Unfortunately, I think this whole thing is up to me. I had gone to Costco yesturday and hubby's boss's wife asked me to pick them up a case of beer since they are not members there. When I dropped it off at their house before coming home, I was mentioning to hubby's boss that it figured this emergency would come up the same day we are having guests (usually it's he and his wife, but not this time), and he assured me, it would be over way before our guest arrive and that hubby would be here in time to help with the preparation. Yeah, we will see. I have heard that before. And you know I cannot rely on my son for any help because he is drugged into oblivion STILL, and he is nothing more than a big tub of goo right now. Speaking of which, one of his friends came over last night and took him out for some icecream which is the first bite of anything he had all day yesturday. They came back home for a while and then headed out again to go over to another friend's house. I cannot believe I let him go. I begged him not to do anything that involved breaking the stitches in his mouth. He made it home and drugged up more and went right to bed. I am hoping he is not all swollen and sore this morning. This has been a bad event for me. I am such a mom.

Wow...no interruptions! YAY! I guess I better get going and get ready for this thing tonight. Also, I need to find something else to watch as Rachel Ray is on now, and her voice just grates on my nerves. She may be an awesome cook, but to me she is annoying. She is so going away.

In celebration of watching the Food Network, I am posting our menu for tonight:

Sirloin steaks
Baked potatoes and sweet potatoes
Grilled veggies tossed in olive oil and seasoned salt (yellow squash, zucchini, mushroom, tomatoe, onion, asparagus)
Fresh bread
Salad

Dessert: Daughter's friend is making a cake
Ice Cream

Drinks: Milo's sweet tea
Peach Margaritas for the ladies
Foster's beer for the guys

Of course I might add a few other things....we shall see.

Yum!

1 comment:

Debra@Peaceabull said...

The menu sounds delish!