Sunday, July 03, 2005

Pre Fourth

Here it is the day before the 4th of July and what am I doing? Watching Jaws. This time last year we were in Destin, Fl., at almost the exact spot where the 14 year old girl was killed by a shark last week. We are usually down there this time of year because my mother-in-law lives there and her house is very near the beach. We usually meet up with his old friends from high school and hang out with them the entire 4th holiday. This year our plans have changed because hubby had to go out of town on business. He will be heading down there next week for his mother's hip replacement surgery. We were going to go, but since Wednesday will be my first day at my new job, we are staying here. Considering what is going on at the beaches I am relieved to not be going and arguing with daughter about how far she can go out. That girl must be part dolphin because she loves the water so much. She is a snorkeling freak and nothing in the water seems to scare her. That is the worst kind of child to have after you hear about a shark attack. This is the one that either wants to be a vet or a marine biologist. This is also the one that wants to swim with the dolphins at Discovery Cove this fall.

Speaking of my new job, my offer letter came before I left for Tennessee and I finally had a chance to sit down and read it. I love the wording. I love being told that if funding was cut for education, then my salary may be re-evaluated and possibly cut as well. Ouch! Now I know how teachers feel. I am very happy with the salary and the hours that I will be working. I just pray that I am happy with the people and the atmosphere as it would be very refreshing to restart some sort of career now that my kids are older and we could actually use the extra money since I have one starting college this fall. I look forward do having a job that I love surrounded by people that I actually like. I pray that this happens.

As for the rest of the day, we will begin painting daughter's room today. A funky pink and bright green.

Have a great day.

No comments: