Thursday, July 21, 2005

When it rains....

It friggin pours! Today was the day from hell. I went into work early because we do not have to be there until 8:15. I got there around 8ish and there was already some one there waiting on an interview. That should have been my first red flag for how the rest of the day was going to go. It was balls to the walls all the way until lunch time. I looked at my clock at one time around 11:00 and although I had only been there for 3 hours, it felt like 10. It was just a hard, busy day. At lunch we left and went to Macaroni Grill for a birthday lunch, and luckily, that took 1 1/2 hours (yay). I was there with my boss so obviously, no one cared. When we got back it was pretty quiet, so I guess there was a method to the madness of it being total hell during the morning hours. I left about 3ish to go pick my daughter up from her friend's house and while we were driving home, the most violent of storms came up. I rained so hard I could hardly see the road. Many people in our neighborhood lost trees. Oh, and that's not the best of it. When I got home, we had no water. Evidently some lame ass road crew cut a large water main to our little city here, and many, many people were without water. This went on for hours. Lucky for me, that meant we could go out for dinner. We ate here. We just got our water back on a little while ago and I am happy that we can finally flush toilets.

So, how was your day?

This day has kicked my ass.

No comments: