Thursday, July 14, 2005

Happy Bastille Day!

Here it is. My birthday. I do not feel any different, just more tired. *yawn* I tried to sleep in today, but I had a horrible dream and I couldn't fall back asleep. I had a dream my husband left me for someone else and he was not nice about it either. Anyone that knows my husband knows this is rediculous because he does not have a mean bone in his body. I never say never because I was married before to a man who I thought was very nice and did not have a mean bone in his body, until he met one of my friends. Then, not only did he leave us (me and his babies) for her, but he got mean. Something about meeting someone else can make all those walls go up and then you do what you have to do to cut yourself off and make yourself feel less guilty. I have seen and heard about this happening many times. So, that is why the dream disturbed me so. I know it can happen and people can change, but I love this man and I really don't think he would do it. Especially with some of the stuff we have been through. If we can survive that, then we are bonded for life. Depressing stuff on my birthday huh? I think that it's because I have not seen him very much. With all this taking his mother back and forth to Florida/Georgia, and trying to get his work caught up with all that back and forth, we have been ships that pass in the night.

My mother in law is still here and my whole house reeks of Estee Lauder. Ugh...shoot me now.

Meanwhile...here is some birthday fun for ya:








Your Birthdate: July 14

With a birthday on the 14th of the month (5 energy) you are inclined to work well with people and enjoy them.

You are talented and versatile, very good at presenting ideas, and you are also very good at organization and systematizing.

You may have a tendency to get itchy feet at times and need change and travel.



You tend to be very progressive, imaginative and adaptable.

Your mind is quick, clever and analytical.

A restlessness in your nature may make you a bit impatient and easily bored with routine, and rebel against it.

You have a tendency to shirk responsibility.





Celebrity Birthdays July 14th:

* Ingmar Bergman, 1918
* John Chancellor, 1927
* Gerald R. Ford, 1913 (38th President of the United States, born in Omaha, Nebraska)
* Rosie Greer, 1932
* Woody Guthrie (Woodrow Wilson Guthrie - famed traveler and song writer "This Land Is Your Land")
* William Hanna, 1911


July is:

* American Beer Month
o Source: www.americanbeermonth.com (Thanks Ian!)
* Anti-Boredom Month
o Boredom is an important sign of depression. Source: www.boringinstitute.com/recentevents/17antiboredom.html
* Baked Beans Month (National)
o July is National Baked Beans Month. Michigan leads the nation in the production of dry edible navy beans, black beans and cranberry beans. Source: State of Michigan Web site with a special page for National Baked Beans Month. Click Here
o Another good Web site about National Baked Beans month: www.classbrain.com/artholiday/publish/article_355.shtml
* Blueberry Month (National)
o Source: www.blueberry.org/bbmonth.htm
* Fireworks Safety Month (June thru July 4th)
o To learn about Firework Safety, see: www.preventblindness.org/safety/fireworksafety.html
o Another good Web site with information about firework safety and Fireworks Safety Month, see: www.girlpower.gov/AdultsWhoCare/general/fireworks.htm
* Hemochromatosis Screening Awareness Month
* Hitchhiking Month
* Hot Dog Month (National)
o July is National Hot Dog Month - National Hot Dog Day - July 23
o Source: www.hot-dog.org/pr_2003HDMonthPlanningGuide.htm
* Ice Cream Month (National)
o Source: www.allabouticecream.com/History/nationaldays.html
o Information about National Ice Cream Month Click Here (from www.greeting-cards.com)
* Lead Poison Control Week
* Peach Month (There seems to be some confusion on whether National Peach Month is in July or August...so we've listed it on both months)
o President Reagan declares July as National Peach Month in 1982 - See proclamation: www.reagan.utexas.edu/resource/speeches/1982/61582c.htm
o "Loaded with vitamin C and at only 40 calories each, peaches are nutritious and delicious." Source: www.smarterkids.com/rescenter/calendar/cal_activity.asp?activity=1652
* Read An Almanac Month
o Source: www.libraryhq.com/calendar.html
* Therapeutic Recreation Week (National)

No comments: