Friday, July 15, 2005

TGMMILIGH!

I know...it's supposed to be TGIF, but in this case, it's Thank God My Mother In Law is Going Home! Today was the icing on the cake.

Breakfast Me:

Small container (1 serving size) of Light N Lively Cottage Cheese
eat in my dress clothes and pray I don't spill it on myself, I eat as I stand up

Breakfast Her:

1 Bowl of Cheerios
sliced banana on Cheerios (she even has a desired thickness for this slicing process...argh!)
small glass orange juice (no pulp please)
1 cup of tea with a side of milk
1 small glass of water with ice
1 napkin
1 spoon

I put it all together, carried it all to the table. She ate it while sitting at the table with the napkin tucked in her "duster/moomoo thing" using it as a bib.

Dinner Me: Son took me out for belated birthday dinner.

Dinner Her: Spaghetti dinner that I made just for her (hubby had some too) because everyone else had other plans.

Layout for her dinner:

Spaghetti
French bread
spoon (for twirling)
knife (for cutting before twirling)
fork (for shoveling it in)
water with ice
cup of hot tea
milk
napkin to tuck into shift/moomoo thing to use as a bib
glass of iced diet coke to chase down the hot tea (I dunno, does this make any sense?)
parmesan cheese
butter for noodles

I told her I have never seen anyone that needs so much stuff just to sit down and eat a meal. I laughed because last night when she started with her list of things she needed to eat leftover steak and potatoes, my daughter said, "Every man for himself". She is a little smarty pants that one.

I think I have figured out my problem when it comes to coping with this woman. See...I am a midwestern girl first and a southern gal second. I am laid back and take things as they come. I do not like a lot of fuss. Everyone that lives in my house is that way. We just flow. We are all pretty quiet and keep to ourselves while subconsciencly working as a team. We do not even think about it. We just do it. We also come together when we need to and defend each other fiercely. There is no I in team. Her team is full of I's, obviously, not part of the team. I am trying people. I really am.

Work went well today. They had a big breakfast spread and birthday cake for me this morning. I was really surprised and did not expect that. What a great group of people. They even sang Happy Birthday to me! This is one of those places where I feel I fit in and feel that I have been there forever although I have only been there for a week and a half. It feels great to have found something this wonderful. When people come in to apply on open positions, now that I know the process, I feel very fortunate to have been chosen for this position. I am not quite sure how I did it, but I am grateful for it. I work hard and stay busy, but I do not come home completely wiped out. Next week may be a different story because the girl that has been training me is on vacation next week and I may be pulling my hair out before it is all said and done. Ask me next Friday I may not be so full of sugary stories then.

Well, it's late and I need to get up early and hit the gym. I haven't been in about a week, and I do not need to let that go. I got up and ran at 6 am this morning. I am going to have to get motivated and get back to that.

Oh yeah, and be looking for changes around here. I am excited.

No comments: