Sunday, July 10, 2005

Alright

Welp, looks like that big bad hurricane is not as big and bad as previously thought. Seems it has slowed down and broken up quite a bit so maybe it will not be as bad as we feared. Hubby came in from Georgia last night in anticipation of some horrible catastrophe, but so far, nothing. They stopped talking about it constantly on the television, so that is great news. Hopefully we can make it through tomorrow with limited damage.

Last night when hubby came home we went out to Sonic and split a chicken sandwich then over to Blockbuster to rent a movie. We rented "The Pacifier" and "Team America". We watched "Team America" first and I do not remember a time in recent history when I laughed so hard. Those "South Park" guys are brilliant. I guess this movie was meant to piss all sides off, but I thought it was hilarious. I almost spit Lime Pepsi out my nose when the scene with Michael Moore started and he was standing there with his fat grubby hands full of hot dogs, with mustard all over his shirt and he was spewing his Michael Moore crap all over the place. It was so funny. The thing with the celebrities was right on. Especially the list of celebrities they used (the usual suspects). We loved that they changed the Screen Actors Guild to Film Actors Guild thus givings each of the celebrities (who think everyone cares about their views) the acronym of F.A.G. I thought my poor hubby was going to have a heart attack from laughing so hard. If you are all caught up in your political party, I suggest you do not watch it as you will truly take offense (like I said, they assault everyone). But if you have a sense of humor and can admit that even your party can do stupid stuff, then this is for you. Especially the speech at the end. Friggin brilliant and so true! I am not sure anyone (except a puppet) could have said it any better. The sex scenes were the funniest of all. I still laugh thinking about that. HA! One of the funniest lines was made by the well known political expert (although, he studied auto mechanics in "college" - not sure what makes him so convinced he is an expert in anything except possibly changing the oil in his car):

Sean Penn: "Last year I went to Iraq. Before Team America showed up it was a happy place. They had flowering meadows and rainbow skies and rivers made of chocolate, where the children danced and laughed and played with gumdrop smiles".

Oh my gosh...hysterical!

It's almost as funny as Tom Cruise claiming to be an expert in Psychiatry even though he is nothing more than a high school drop out. It won't win any awards, but if you are looking for a good laugh, I suggest you watch it. I guess tonight we will watch "The Pacifier". I don't expect it to be an academy award winner either. But hey, we can all use a laugh can't we?

Have a great rest of the weekend.

Enjoy some great quotes from "Team America: World Police"

-- Hans Blix: I'm sorry, but the UN must be firm with you! Let' me see your whole palace, or else!
Kim Jung-Il: Or else, what?
Hans Blix: Or else we will be very, very angry with you, and we will write you a letter telling you how angry we are.

-- Gary: So, so what? You're just gonna shut down? I really like you. There's no chance we can ever get together?
Lisa: Only if you could promise me you'll never die.
Gary: You know I can't promise that.
Lisa: If you did that, I would make love to you right now.
Gary: I promise. I will never die.

-- "I missed you more than Michael Bay missed the mark
When he made Pearl Harbor
I missed you more than that movie missed the point,
And that's an awful lot, girl, and
Now, now you've gone away... and all I'm trying to say, is
Pearl Harbor sucked, and I miss you
I need you like Ben Affleck needs acting school.
He was terrible in that film.
I need you like Cuba Gooding needed a bigger part.
He's way better than Ben Affleck.
And now, all I can think about is your smile, and that sh*tty movie, too.
Pearl Harbor sucked, and I miss you
Pearl Harbor sucked...
Just a little bit more than I miss you..." -- From another song in the movie

No comments: