Sunday, August 21, 2005

What the heck?

Wow, I have been ignoring my little blob lately. Things have been busy around here at the Ok Corral. My daughter's computer has been infected with spyware, so she keeps taking the laptop upstairs, and I never see it anymore. Hence, the no posting. I made a point this evening between cleaning carpet and hanging shelves to catch up on reading and posting. I am watching a show about margaritas right now, and mmmmm...have I got a craving! I have been snacking all day with no real meals, and a margarita sounds very good right now.

The new car is awesome. We spent some time driving it around and getting use to it yesturday. It can do some amazing things. I wish it had autopilot though, now that would be impressive. This one came with a premium package that included heated seats. I laugh about that because we live in the south and the last few days the heat index has been over 100 degrees, so the thought of heated seats just makes me break out into giggles. I am not sure we will ever need those, but hey, they came with the car, so just in case hell freezes over, I am armed and ready.

Not much other news to report. It is about to get very busy around here. Next weekend we will go see my sailor son. I am very excited about that. Next month will see lots of birthdays around here. September is VERY busy. After that, my favorite time of year which kicks off with our local street festival. I love fall. Give me that football weather any time! Oh, and speaking of football and hot weather, my daughter's school's football jamboree was yesturday when it was almost 100 degrees. Let me tell you there is not a time in recent memory when I can tell you I was so miserable. They ended up canceling the last game because it was just too hot. Whoever planned a football jamboree in August outta get a good talking too. That's just rediculous to have kids out there in all that gear when it's almost 100 degrees. It was horrible.

Oh well...off to do some laundry - the chore that never, ever ends. *sigh*

No comments: