Monday, October 31, 2005

Trick or Treat!

Happy Halloween to you all! This year has been different. Hubby ended up working late, son had class until 7:00, and I had to run daughter around to her Halloween events. She was invited to eat over at her hockey player friend's house (his mother and I are good friends from my son's hockey playing days) before trick-or-treating so we went over there and she met some of his friends and hung out with all of them for awhile. She was absolutely thrilled when as we were leaving he ran to our car to give her a hug. What is with the hugging these days? Seems all these kids do is hug anymore. If you know the secret behind this, please let me know. Anyways, he is a very cute kid and that gave her a thrill anyways. After that I took her over to one of her best friend's house where she and some of her friends all proceeded to get all decked out for Halloween. She looked so cute. She dressed like a Geisha. Only this was a cool Geisha..she wore Converse Chuck Taylors. Not something you would normally see in Japan..but she looked all cute with chopsticks in her hair which was all spikey and stuff. I tried to do her eyes so they would look a little slanty which ended up looking pretty cool. While we were there getting the girls all dressed and ready, some of the football players showed up to go trick or treating with them which made my daughter smile - BIG! She was so happy tonight. Oh, and did I mention that last night she finally up with the moron that kept a. never talking to her online when she would try to talk to him, b. hardly ever called her, but somehow kept running out of minutes on his cell phone and running out of text messages (but not to her...hmmmm..interesting), and c. basically making her feel miserable about herself because she is a pretty girl and should not have to chase after him..it should be the other way around. I was happy she finally realized she is too good to be treated like crap. Go her! This time I think it will stick. She is pretty much over him now that she had the ephiphany. I am glad she has leaned when enough is enough. Something that really opened her eyes is that she has many friends that are guys and they have been calling her more than her own boyfriend had. I think that may have shed some light on the situation. Also, someone told her she could do so much better, and I think that just made her realize even more that she really could. Thank you person! I sit here waiting for her to come home and get ready for school tomorrow. She is at another friend's house with all her trick-or-treat buds eating cake and ice cream. Just what they all need after a night of solid sugar huh? Hubby is all sacked out in his recliner snoring like a baby. Son is upstairs playing some really loud computer game and it sounds like he might be blowing stuff up. Wheeee!

On a lighter note, my sailor son will be coming home soon. I cannot wait to see him. December 9th-22nd he will be all ours. I wish he could stay for Christmas, but duty calls and he doesn't seem to care just as long as he gets to come home. I plan to take some extra time off work to spend some time with him as it will be at least another year before I will get to see him again. *sniff* Won't be long and he will be home (only, I hope not living at home) for good. He has met a girl out there that he has been talking to for like a year. She graduates with a sports physiology degree in a few months, and I am not sure what is going to happen then. He has been hinting that she might be "the one", but...hmmm. I don't even want to go there yet.

Well my Geisha is home and full of sugar and hyper as heck.

Hope you had a great Halloween!

No comments: