Saturday, October 22, 2005

Nothing like France

Okay...that was sort of random, but I am watching Saturday Night Live and they are doing a skit about a French teacher played by Catherine Zeta Jones. Nevermind.

I am finally going to try to catch up a little bit here. I am trying desperately to catch up on some much needed sleep and some much needed housework. So far, have not been very successful with either. *sigh* Life is just so busy. I am very glad that now that is October, we are finally getting some October weather. It has been so hot that it has felt more like summer. Tonight we actually got down into the 40's. Thank you!!! I love fall. Just please let us have more fall weather.

Not too much to report on lately. Things have been pretty calm around here. Thankfully there has not been any middle school drama since the boyfriend break up thing. Oh wait..they are back together now. I guess boyfriend gets a point there. This is where I throw up my hands and say "whatever". I guess girls have to learn stuff the hard way. With these middle schoolers there is going to be heartbreak and drama all the time I guess. They will get tired of it eventually..I hope *fingers crossed*.

The good news is that my younger son has finally decided what he wants to major in in college. Did I mention he is already IN college? Great time to decide huh? At least he is only in his first year and therefore, we won't lose any money due to him changing majors in like his last year like many kids do. Who knows..that may happen too. I am beginning to think that whatever lovely dreams I have for a content and peaceful life are just not going to happen.

Keeps life interesting I guess. Sometimes I think I just need one of these to guide me:




I can't even get a decent answer on that thing. Grrrr!

Oh well, at least on the job front things seem to be going terrific. Friday after getting to work and getting some disturbing news (basically my work load is going to increase quite a bit), my boss calls me in her office and closes the door. Then she says this, "I think you know what this is about". That's it, I was going to get fired. I have no clue what I did or what I could have done. Then she laughs and tells me that its time for my 3 month review. I had a very good review and it made me feel much better about the work load increasing. It was so good I almost did not get my big head out of her office. I felt really appreciated when I left on Friday and I guess that made up for the larger workload thing. Actually, I think she was afraid I might quit and was just stroking my ego so I wouldn't. Unfortunately I did not get more money. *sigh*

Well..I guess its off to accomplish my goal of getting some sleep. All this cooler weather makes me want to hybernate.

Ciao!

No comments: