Tuesday, October 18, 2005

You have no power here! Now begone, before somebody drops a house on you!

Some memorable movie quotes that pertain to the last month of my life:

From the Wizard of Oz:

Scarecrow: I haven't got a brain...only straw.
Dorothy: How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
Scarecrow: I don't know...But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking...don't they?
Dorothy: Yes, I guess you are right!

Wizard of Oz: As for you, my galvanized friend, you want a heart. You don't know how lucky you are to not have one. Hearts will never be practical until they can be made unbreakable.
Tin Woodsman: I still want one.

From Raising Arizona (one of my favorite movies):

H.I.: There's right and there's right and never the t'wain shall meet.

H.I.: Sometimes it's a hard world for small things.

From American Beauty:

Lester Burnham: [narrating] That's my wife, Carolyn. See the way the handle on her pruning shears matches her gardening clogs? That's not an accident.

Colonel Frank Fitts: You need structure... and discipline.
Ricky Fitts: Thank you for trying to teach me, sir. Don't give up on me, Dad.

From As Good As It Gets:

Carol: Come on in, and try not to ruin everything by being you.

From The Godfather:

Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer.

There ya go...my last month as relived in movie quotes.

No comments: