Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Fo Shizzle

Okay...this day WAS perfect. Woke up. It was very coolish outside. Got to use the heated seats...which were awesome once again. Get to work. All is well. Had a great light work load. Then, 11:00 hits. The phone rings. It's my son. He needs his social security card for his new job that he was suppose to start at...ummm...11:00. He didn't have it with him so they sent him home to get it. Of course I start racking my brain trying to figure out where I put it. Soooooooo instead of going to Target to get a lovely salad from the deli and pick up Halloween candy, I get to come home and look for his social security card. Okay, he could have told me about this last night, but he chooses to wait until the very minute he should be learning new things about his new job. I get home, and dig around like a mad woman. I. Look. Everywhere. Did I mention I felt like strangling him? FINALLY, I find it. I give it to him along with a grumble. He hugs me. And just like that..he is gone. Me? Me you ask? I made myself a lovely bowl of soup from a can. Not exactly what I planned.

So...

I go back to work. I sit at my desk. Everything is calm. I go to the bathroom and while I am washing my hands, I look in the mirror to see if the makeup is still looking okay, then I see it. I SEE IT. IT! I almost feel like having some sort of contest here to see if anyone can guess what I see, but I am almost afraid of the answers. I think I will just go ahead and tell ya myself. I see a huge, gigantic, really shiny.....gray hair. On me. Are these incomplete sentences just getting annoying yet or what? Anyways, I have (had) a gray hair. On my head. NOOOOOOOO One thing I have prided myself on is having lovely non-gray hair. I am 42 years old, and I have never had gray hair. Please. I have dark brown hair and gray eyes, now I will have to change that to dark brown hair and gray hair. This is depressing.

I think it must have popped up while I was looking for that dang social security card. Ironically, now that has me thinking about social security period. I guess that is not too far away now.

Gray hair.

Oh so not ready.

No comments: