Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Heck Yeah!

Hubby came home yesturday with some of these:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Guess what we been doing since they made their appearance into our house? Oh yeah....listening to lots of music. Isn't it amazing how great speakers can make the world a better place? We just plug in the iBook and pull up the iTunes..and there ya go - music!

What are we listening to?

Turn the Page - Metallica (I love their version)
Killer Queen (Queen)
My Sharona (The Knack)
Rollercoaster (Red Hot Chili Peppers - I love me some Chili Peppers)
Everyday I Write the Book (Elvis Costello)
Doin the Cockroach (Modest Mouse)
Here for the Party (Gretchen Wilson)
Back in Black (AC/DC)

And many more. Of course, my daughter has all her dance tunes ready.

Meanwhile, it is my off day and I have a list of things to do a mile long. So here I sit blogging. My daughter is having a boy/girl party this weekend for her thirteenth birthday. She has invited all sorts of kids. From the shy, mousy little girl my daughter has been friends with since she was a baby, to the most popular girl at school, football players and of course, her little boyfriend (whom I will be keeping an eye on btw). She is the type that tends to have friends from all ends of the spectrum, so this will at least be interesting. I have so much to do I need to make a list of all the things I need to accomplish today and Thursday before all hell breaks loose and I get all panicky. We spent last night pulling all of our Halloween stuff out and are busy getting it put up so that the house will look all Halloweeny. I plan to serve regular party fare: pizza, chips, dip, candy, cake, sodas, bottled water, etc. I plan to serve myself a valium. *laugh* I have no idea what I have gotten myself into here. According to daughter, everyone at school is talking about the party. There are several kids that I thought she would invite but did not, which may explain the major toilet paper job that was done on our house Friday night. Oh, and not only did we get major toilet papering, we also got the door bell ringing thing that went on of and on throughout the night. Fun stuff. Good times.

Thank goodness this is my last teenager.

1 comment:

Janet said...

Oh man, to be a teenager again! No thanks!

I hope that the party is lots of fun...sounds like they will have a good time with good snacks and a good mix of kids.