Monday, October 17, 2005

This is how I roll

Someone please stop the drama. I am so tired of the 7th grade dramatics. I heard 7th grade was a hard year, but this is rediculous. Last night...daughter's little boyfriend (and I guess I should use that term loosely) decided it would be cute to impersonate his older brother online and interrogate her about their relationship. Keep in mind he was pretending to be his own brother (who is high school). Well...it ended up really hurting her feelings because she really did care about him, and I was doing my best to think he was a good kid although red flags were screaming everywhere. My poor daughter tries to see the best in everyone and to her everything is rainbows and sunflowers up until last night. He ended up turning this information around on her when he was back to his screen name and bullied her into breaking up with him (just an excuse to break up I say). Today she woke up a little tougher. I hate that she got her heart broken because after he did that, she knew it was over. She actually wanted it to be over. Anyone that would use and make a fool out of her like that does not deserve her - her exact words (and yay her for saying that). I worried about her all day because she was sort of a mess this morning when she got up because I do not think she got much sleep. I told her to get up, look her best, hold her head up, and march in there like it didn't bother her at all. According to her friends....that is exactly what she did. She already has some guy meeting up with her and her friends at their rival football game tomorrow. Good for her I say...good recovery. At this age they do not need the drama and the worry of someone making a fool out of them. Life is hard enough. At this age she just needs to have fun and seems to be very relieved to be out of it. The funny thing is, I was sitting there during the whole conversation (the breaking up part) and when she said they could go back to being friends...you know what this little idiot said? "We could be friends with "benefits" - We could be really "close". Okay..this kid is like 12. Where the hell do they come up with this stuff at the age of 12? Of course I laughed and told her she needed to tell him to get his benefits somewhere else. I think she was in shock. Right. At any rate, he is gone and will probably turn out to be a major loser in life and/or end up with one of his benefit girls (and I am sure he has more than one) giving him some wonderful venereal disease and he can live his life scratching his crotch (or what may be left of it) wishing he had been a lot nicer to a nice, beautiful girl that truly cared for him and not for his benefits...for himself.

I say good riddance. Life lesson learned. Thank you loser boyfriend. Thanks for proving me right! YAY! Mom - 1 Loser boyfriend - 0 I win!

I know I won't win everytime, and I know she will get her heart broken more than once in life (hopefully not by the same person). But it is my job to protect her and bring her up right. I did this with my two boys and they are awesome, strong kids.

I guess this makes me think back to last year. She had a sweet little boyfriend that was mature in a good way (they had a nice breakup with them both agreeing since they didn't see each other much over the summer, they would go their separate ways..and be friends. No benefits other than just talking online and laughing at silly jokes. They sit online and play word games to this day). He does not like drama. He does not have a huge ego. Very good looking boy. Extremely intelligent. Treated her how a girl is suppose to be treated. Very quiet. At one point I thought he was ignoring her this year until he met up with her recently at one of the football games at a nearby private school (I think he is just so shy). They sat near us and he never left her side the whole night. Nope, not once did he disappear and her worry about where he was. He was with her. They laughed and had head banging contests (like rockers). They smiled the whole night. They are just good friends now, but I hope that shows her that there are actually good guys in the world and if you can get through the losers like we experienced here lately, maybe you might eventually meet one of these good guys somewhere along the line. But not when you are 12 or 13. She needs to have fun in her life and focus on school and making sure she gets into a good college. She needs to follow her dreams of being a marine biologist as she has wanted since she could walk and talk. Those things come first. There is much time for boys and those kinds of relationships.

So, this ends one chapter of her little teenage life. She got her heart broke. She learned. Hopefully, she will remember this and take this lesson with her to the next relationship (hopefully that will be awhile). There are people in this world that are not what you think they are. They can hurt you and some of these sickos like it because it feeds their egos. You need to learn their "secrets". Read the signals and act accordingly. And...actions speak louder than words. As I told her after the football game on Friday night when he was acting weird and disappearing and she wasn't able to find him. Learn when to punt. Then do it quick. Some people aren't worth going into overtime for (whoa...football lingo here!).

I am a good mom.

I care

I won.

This is how I roll.

1 comment:

Gregg said...

okgirl- you won!! yay for our team!!! You are a good mom and she is very lucky. -gregg