Thursday, October 06, 2005

Status

Okay....here is the status: Our house officially and totally looks like hell. Since this is my day off, it's my job to get it into some sort of order today. For some reason, our house always looks like a bomb went off in it before it looks better. Boxes everywhere. Disorgainization. I am not sure why I am so worried about this since it's just going to be a bunch of kids, but I have horrible visions of these kids telling the whole school things like this, "Wow, their house was pretty on the outside, but there was dust an inch thick on their baseboards." Will they really care? Just in case...I will be scrubbing baseboards today. I have 4 bathrooms to clean. Argh. One of them is my teenage son's bathroom and I NEVER go in there for any reason (unless we are having a party). See...we have an understanding. If he wants to live like that, then so be it, but I do not clean their bathroom. Boys are disgusting. He promised me that he would be cleaning it today so that I would not have to. We will see. He promised. When he moves out, I will pull down the wallpaper and turn it into a glamorous guest bathroom. It will be splendid.

On the job front, it has been very busy. I think the new person shine is off of me and now they are pouring it on. Monday was actually stressful. I haven't had a day like that in a long time. I came home totally wiped out. My boss seems to think I am some sort of superwoman. She had me catching up reports that she had been putting off since before I started working there. Argh. I got them all done yesturday thankfully. I have decided no matter where you go, what you do, there is going to be stress. I hate stress. Luckily I only work 5-6 hours a day so I have limited stress. I am still waiting for them to ask me to work more hours, and I am not sure what I will say to that. The girl that works Tuesdays and Thursdays doesn't like working during the summer and may come in for a few hours a week if that. The other day I mentioned to my boss that I did not intend to work for her next summer and she gave me a panicked look. I meant that though. I am not sure why I am the one that has to take up all the slack. I told her it was probably best if we did not talk about that right now and changed the subject quickly. We shall see.

Back to the party though. I am trying to decide how cool a mom I should be. I plan for hubby and I stay with the kids throughout the party - I am not that cool. My daughter has some friends spending the night after the other kids leave, and they want retaliation for the rolling we got last Friday night. They have asked me to be their getaway car. Will I be that cool? Should I be that cool? I mean, it's just toilet paper. It's not eggs or spray paint for gosh sakes! Give me feedback here. If I am their getaway car...is that contributing to the deliquency of minors? Is it just good, clean fun?

This is hard!

Oh yeah, and wake me up already, September is over.

1 comment:

Gregg said...

Mom arrested for aiding and abeting in drive by papering of house. "It was just innocent fun until things got out of hand. No one was meant to get hurt.", said OKGirl. Meanwhile, doctors at community hospital believe the injuries will be minor once toilet paper roll is removed from the victums rectum.