Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Funny Diferences

I had to take my car into the local BMW dealership this morning, and let me tell you, these BMW people know how to treat ya. Okay...let see if I can do a quick compare and contrast between the SUV service department I use to frequent vs. the BMW service department.

Scene - SUV Dealership:

Me...standing and being ignored directly in front of the service guy.

Me: *cough*
Him: Oh, can I help you?
Me: Yes, I had an appointment to bring my SUV in...it's making some funny noise and the check engine light keeps coming on.
Him: Oh, well...let's go take a look.
Me: See..when you start it up, wait, it's not doing it now, it has been doing it for the last week, I cannot believe it's not doing it now.
Him: Seems your check engine light is not on either. Ma'am, we won't be able to do anything unless it's doing what you say it's doing, and if it's not doing it, it's going to cost you $75.00 for us to look at it.
Me: Okay, well, I don't know what else to do because I have had it in here so many times for the same exact problem, and it was doing it then.
Him: Whatever, there are others here I need to go look at.
Me: Okay, well..is there a van here that can take me to work?
Him: Nope, sorry, it's already gone, you are on your own.

At this point I would call around and try to find a ride and leave the SUV there only to pick it up later and them tell me there isn't a damn thing wrong with it. Oh yeah, and the check engine light - It would come home on the way home. Grrrrr!!!! *grumble*

Okay...now, the BMW service department:

Scene: Me driving up and a BMW service rep running directly out to greet me.

Him: (smiling brightly - actually too early for that) Ms. XXXX?
Me: (looking sceptical) Yes?
Him: Good Morning! May I check your vin number and mileage?
Me: Ummmm....yes? (see...I am not use to having such wonderful service, therefore I am still sceptical)
Him: Oh, I see here there is a recall on this particular model. We already have that part on order for you. The part will be in Thursday, let's set something up for then. I will have a loaner BMW ready for you to drive while we make the adjustments.
Me: Uhhhhhh....wow....uhhhhh.....okay? (see..it's taking a while for me to digest this wonderful service).
Him: You can still drive your car. Just don't gun it. Take your time accelerating and if you need us we are here for you.
Me: Did you just tell a BMW driver to slow it down?
Him: Why ma'am, I sure did....that just did not sound right now did it?
Me and Him: Laugh and laugh and laugh.

That concludes my compare and contrast experience.

1 comment:

Gregg said...

deb- life in the fast lane is always much better than being just one of the little people :-) you go girl!! -gregg