Thursday, November 24, 2005

The Tryptophan is Working

Happy Thanksgiving all. I sit here so dang full I can hardly move. We have one Christmas tree up in daughter's room and three more to go. Let me correct myself here, we have one tree up and not decorated. *sigh* Christmas is so much work. We went out the other night and bought daughter a cool slim white Christmas tree for her room. We had a regular slim green one up there last year, but this year we are going for a more modern theme. For garland we will use feather boas and use the funky colored ornaments we got last year. I will try to post pictures after we get it done. As for now, its just set up with the lights on. It's going to be awesome when it's done. I am waiting for hubby to get off his duff and get the other trees down so we can get started. He brought back a lot of Lenox ornaments from his mother's so we are going to do our formal tree in the prettier ornaments. As for the family room, it will be reserved for kid ornaments that they have made over the years. I love that! Our room will have all the left overs. I got my son one of those fiber optic trees for his room. We are going to be all Christmased out here.

Now for the big question....do I plan to go shopping tomorrow? NO. I plan to work on decorating and do a lot of online ordering. I know I will have to go out for some things, but I sure do not plan to do it tomorrow. We have a lot of stuff coming up such as Christmas parties and also my son will be home for two weeks, so it's going to be pretty busy around here. Daughter has a huge math project due on Tuesday so she is up there working on that. I hate it when they give projects over the holidays. That is just not right. Her new little boyfriend just called her from Ohio where he is spending his holiday. That made her feel so special. She loves having someone that actually shows that they care about her instead of keeping her guessing all the time. I know they won't be together forever, but it's nice to see her so happy and it's nice to see that this time she has a nice boy that truly cares for her and shows it. I don't think it's one of those red hot things (I mean she is only 13), but it's a sweet little good friendship and he is such a little cutie. And thankfully he seems harmless unlike the last one that kept breaking her heart over and over again. She is finally over him now that she has such a good one this time. My son is at the movies with a bunch of his friends who have come home from college for Thanksgiving. I am not sure what they went to see, but hopefully he won't come dragging in at 2 am tonight like he did last night. Kids.

Well...I guess I am going to have to use force to get the hubby moving. Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving and have fun with all of your Christmas decorating.

That's all for now.

No comments: