Thursday, November 03, 2005

The Nightmare Before Christmas



Okay...Halloween has just ended and it looks like Christmas is already here. Santa will be at the mall on November 4th ready to take those Christmas present request from all the boys and girls. WTF? I mean...it's the beginning of NOVEMBER! I have not even had time to think about Christmas yet. I haven't even planned to think about Christmas yet! Why is it here already? Because it is NOT here already. This is F.A.L.L. Can't we have Fall anymore? Why do we have to jump from Halloween to Christmas? Are we even going to have Thanksgiving anymore? See...when I was growing up, the Christmas season did not begin until the END of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade when Santa came down the main drag....THEN, and only THEN was it the start of the Christmas season. Not when purple and orange lights were still hanging on my front porch. Not when I still have a basket full of fun sized Snickers and M&M's waiting to be eaten. Not when the pumpkins we took so much time to carve are still smiling brightly and menancingly on the front steps. Not when the temperature around here is 70 degrees. Not when Hubby hasn't even received the bonus that we use to do our Christmas shopping with. Next thing you know, the Christmas season will begin immediately after the 4th of July. Evil advertising. Life is too fast as it is. Christmas is not here! I refuse to believe it.

1 comment:

Gregg said...

No way I am thinking about the Chrismas season until I get through Thanksgiving.