Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Hey, the 80's called

Okay, here with go with a funny daughter story again. I wish I had funny stories about my boys, but, I guess they are sort of boring. Oh wait, I have a good one about my son in a minute. Okay, well anyways, my daughter went shopping with one of her friends yesturday and she came home going on and on about this outfit she wants at Hollister. You see, my daughter has just recently become a fashion diva and she is vvery excited about it (much to my husbands dismay). She is the kind that you admire, the one that wants to and can pull off any look. She is 5'6" tall and weighs 97 pounds and carries herself proudly. Her look I would say is pretty rock and roll. She wears mainly studded belts, buckle on the side, with slighly rippy jeans (I won't let her go all the way with destroyed), and Chuck Taylors (I think we are up to 7 colors now). Occasionally she will don a polo with a pair of Wallabees and do the prep thing, but she is fortunate that she is the type that she can do what she wants and actually look good doing it and so far no one has said a thing about it. Now for the funny part. She went to Hollister yesturday and she is after a (GASP inserted here) a denim mini skirt that she can wear (another GASP) leggings under. Didn't we do this in the 80's? Is this look coming back or is she just going to set the trend? Oh. My. Gosh. What has happened to my child? She was telling me how she could wear this ensemble with layered tank tops and flip flops or with a funky t-shirt with a big belt slighly draped over the top. I was waiting for her to say she would also pair it with cute lacy bobby socks and pumps and tease her hair real big. Remember that? Oh well, I guess I better not give her any ideas.

Okay, now for the funny son story. This weekend some of his friends rented a cabin in the hills of Tennessee. This cabin is about 3 hours away from here. Most of the kids got there on Friday, but him and his smarter friend decided they were not going to leave until Sunday afternoon. By the time they got there, the kids that had been there (I am sure partying hard waaaaaay before my son and his friend gets there), decide they are going to bed because they are exausted. He was home by the next day. Now the funny part of this story is when I heard what time they were leaving, I asked him why bother because they wouldn't have time to do anything. This comment was met with rolling eyes and assurances that things would just be getting started. Ha!

I win....again.

1 comment:

Gregg said...

Hmmmm. Layered tank tops? Denim skirts and leggings? Maybe you should rent Flashdance and let her see how silly we all looked in the 80's :-)