Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Go Me - Part II

I know, not very original, but it's been a long day. This morning after I got kids off to school I drove over to the BMW place to get an iPod adapter installed in my car. Let me just say that after sitting there for 3 hours waiting patiently - it is freaking awesome! I took my daughter's iPod with me so I could try it out as soon as it was in. When they first brought it out, I couldn't figure out how to get it to work. You are suppose to be able to control your iPod with the controls in your steering wheel but since I am no rocket scientist, I just could not figure it out. It took 3 guys to figure it out - evidently they are not rocket scientist either. When they plugged it in and finally figured out how to get it working, I prayed that the first song was not something like "My Humps" or "Gold Digger". Now that would have been embarassing. Instead, my sweet little girl had loaded up "Back in Black" by AC/DC as the first song which was a great relief. The guys thought she must be a really cool kid. Ha! After that I met a good friend of mine for lunch and then ran some errands. My daughter was hanging out with some friends after school so I decided to hit the gym again. Wow...twice in one week. Also, I actually went walking for 30 minutes on Sunday so I am quite proud of myself for doing 3 physical activities in one week. Go Me! Today at the gym I did 30 minutes on the elliptical without having a heart attace and then proceeded on to weights. I worked out for a good solid 58 minutes. I keep visioning myself in shorts and bathing suits which is a great motivator. If I had to wear a bathing suit right now, it would be totally disgusting. Believe me. I didn't do the New Years Resolution this year because I never keep them. I am just going to do whatever, whenever and see what happens. Sometimes it's better to not set goals you may never reach.

Now, let's see if I can keep it up. (I said keep it up *snicker*)

1 comment:

Gregg said...

Deb- that is so cool that you are continuing to work out. So, when you reach the point where you are comfortable in a bathing suit, are you going to post a pic?