Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Go Me and Stuff

Hey ya'll. Tonight I totally went to the gym for the first time in like forever. I have one year left on my membership, and I guess I better use it huh? You know something tells ya it may not be such a hot night at the gym when you pull up and you see paramedics running into the gym. I went and got on the only open elliptical machine and watched the action. Evidently, someone's seat fell off their spin bike in the middle of a spin class and she fell off and broke her arm. That would just totally suck. You go to the gym to get in shape, and you come out in worse shape. That would just make for a crappy night. I hope that lady is okay. Anyways, it made me hold on much tighter to the elliptical machine I was on - I didn't want to break anything. I am proud of myself because I actually did 20 minutes straight without gasping for breath or getting bored and stopping. I followed up by doing some weight machines but I really didn't strain myself because I really do not want to spend my day off tomorrow sore and grumpy. I am hoping I can fit in 2 or 3 days a week, but I am not going to set some lofty goal(s) that I will be sure to break later. So, let's just see how this goes. I do feel pretty good after that little workout though. Maybe that's what I need.

Oh, and it seems I got myself into the middle of some drama. A girl I use to work with is having trouble with her man. She has been calling frequently lately, and now I think things have gone really bad with them. She asked me for some advice yesturday and I pretty much told her if I were her, I would run and not every look back. I am a true believer in you should not let anyone treat you like total crap. Somehow I think he found out it was me that told her that, and well...drama. I hate drama. It's bad enough when you listen to your teenage daughter's tales of drama and woe and you thank the heavens above that you do not have any then lo and behold, you are innocently thrown into the middle of some yourself. *sigh* Here I am thinking I am being a good friend and what do I get? Ya know? Is it worth it to help people anymore?

1 comment:

Gregg said...

D- good for you!!! though, you are making the rest of us lazy bums look bad ;-)

that really sucks about your friend. Only a total loser would create drama with an unrelated 3rd party. After all, your friend is a big girl and although you may offer the advice, the action is her decision. -gregg