Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Argh and stuff

I so do not want to go to work tomorrow. I ended up not going to the visitation tonight because now my sinuses are so backed up I cannot even hear out of my left ear. Yeah, things are just great around here. This afternooon I picked daughter and her cutie pie boyfriend up from church. Do you know how you can tell he is a good boy? He carries her trumpet for her! Now, keep in mind he has to haul around his trombone, but still, he carries her trumpet too. Chivalry is not dead folks. Finally, she got herself a little gentleman. Of course, they are in 7th grade and I can tell you right now it will not last. It is rare these days to fall in love at such a young age and have it last forever. Kids today have such short attention spans. I laugh at these kids with their "I Love Yous" because truly, they do not even come close to knowing what that means. I mean, this whole boy/girl thing is totally new to them and what they "love" is all the attention. I know my daughter does. She told me a story today of how some boy picked her up on his shoulders today at school and ran around with her draped accross his neck threatening to put her in the garbage can. She tried to sound frustrated, but the whole while she was smiling which makes me realize she really enjoyed all the attention she was getting. When I was straigtening her hair tonight we had a great talk about how all of the middle school kids were acting and how everyone thinks they are all in love, etc. She is such a smart girl. She told me that it was fun to say, but all in all she didn't understand love (do any of us really?) and that she felt she would probably not know what it was until she was much older. She also told me that she really likes to get to know a person before she "goes out" with them (although they don't go anywhere at this age), and she wasn't like most girls that just wanted a boyfriend (and there are boys like that too, they just want t girlfriend - gasp!). She really wants to know the boy and make sure he is someone she can relate to and has something in common with. But as for real love, she knows this stuff right now is just puppy love and infactuation, and the good stuff comes later. This is just the warm up. I admire her for being like she is. Strong, confident and very sure of who she is. She is much stronger and smarter than I was when I was her age. I got my heart broken easily and fell for any boy that would give me the time of day. She is not like that at all. With her, you have to be worthy and if not, then that is it.

Oh, to be young again.

Now, more medication needed.

No comments: