Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Where ya been?

Okay, more like where have I been? You know how life goes. You get busy and caught up in other stuff and before you know it, you are ignorning things you should be paying attention to. That's how it's been here lately. Teenage drama has simmered down and things are getting back to normal. Work is very busy and it's my day off today. I spent most of it sleeping since I do not feel very well due to a high pollen count and screaming sinuses. I did however, make it out for a walk. I am doing a 3k on Saturday and it's going to kill me since I haven't been walking or working out at all like I use to. Warmer weather is upon us and I am hoping that will motivate me to get back out there. After all, swimsuit weather will be here before you know it...ugh.

I am trying to decide if I will be attending a viewing tonight. The father of one of the girls I work with died in his sleep on Saturday night. I hate it for her because I know how it is to lose your father. I think I have spoken about my father on here before and my feelings about him. He was all I had when I was growing up after going from family to family (stepmothers) and him being so blinded by love and what he wanted life to be, that he could not see I was being neglected and abused by a couple of the stepmothers I had. My life was definately not easy, but it made me the person I am today. I guess that is why I am such a protective parent, because I know how easily it is to screw up a kids life. My kids are so fortunate to have loving parents that really do care for them and have lived their lives basically unscathed. We care about our kids so much and the ones that are now grown (21, and 19), tell us frequently that they know they are blessed and they love their lives and although we didn't let them do some of things that some other parents let their kids do, they are better for it. That makes you feel good. I hope my daughter feels the same when she gets older. As for now, she is trying to find herself and discover what she is capabale of. She is capable of of quite a lot. One thing I have noticed about her throughout her young life is that she is closer to guys than she is girls. She has many more guy friends than girl friends. At first I didn't know where she got this, but actually it's history repeating itself. See, I guess since I grew up mainly with my dad, and when my dad did remarry the perfect woman, she had 3 boy and together they had a son, so therefore, I grew up around more guys. Same here with daughter. Not only does she have 4 uncles, she also only has 2 brothers, no sisters. So, like me, she has more boys in her life than girls. I think that is why sometimes she and I do not understand each other. Also, I think that with guys, there is much less drama than girls (well, some guys anyways). Guys aren't constantly competing with one another how girls are, and guys will tell you straight up how they feel. That's how she is too.

Well, anyways, I am not sure why that has anything to do with me attending the viewing tonight. But, I guess lately I have been looking deeply into why things are the way they are and how history frequently repeats itself. Life if funny.

No comments: